Just in time for weekend brunch, I’d like to introduce my latest Almond Breeze partnership recipe creation to you guys: a bright and savory Crustless Quiche with Spring Vegetables. This is what happens when you already have eggs, Matt buys extra at the store, and then your farm share comes with eggs. Whoops. We’ve been eating ALL the eggs this week!
You guys know I’m a serious brunch fan, and this quiche does not disappoint. It would be great for guests, or you can make it to heat it up all week for fast breakfasts, which is what our plan was!
As always, this comes together quickly – it does require some time in the oven but the prep time is minimal. First, assemble your Army:
Then cook the veggies! Just sauté them for a few minutes in a pan until soft. Feel free to get creative with the veggies you use in this dish, by the way – they don’t have to be set in stone.
Once the veggies are soft, toss them in a deep pie tin or baking dish (I recommend either a 9 inch pie tin or an 8×8 or 9×9 square dish), then top them with goat cheese. Feta or cheddar would be good here, too, if you prefer it!
Next, whisk together your eggs and Almond Breeze in a bowl, then pour the mixture over the veggies. Sprinkle some parsley on it all, too.
Now it’s ready to go in the oven! 40 to 45 minutes later and you have yourself a meal.
Serve alone or with a side of fruit, toast or roasted potatoes. It would also pair well with a side salad as a light weekday lunch – I’m working from home today so that’s what I’m planning to eat for lunch in a few minutes, plus some sort of carb or grain!
Here’s the full recipe. Enjoy!
Crustless Quiche with Spring Vegetables
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast gluten-free vegetarian
Ingredients (Serves about 6)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced asparagus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 3 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 4 oz goat (or feta) cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened original Almond Breeze
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, asparagus, peas, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender. Transfer the vegetables to a pie tin or baking dish.
3. Crumble the goat cheese evenly on top of the vegetables, sprinkle the parsley evenly over the cheese.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond breeze, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the vegetables.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the eggs are set and a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
Please feel free to dive in headfirst. Just don’t burn your tongue.
Thank you to my friends at Almond Breeze for sponsoring this post. Previous Almond Breeze sponsored recipe creations (yes, I’ve been working with them for a long time!):
Crustless Quiche with Spring Vegetables Recipe originally appeared on fANNEtastic food | Washington D.C. area Registered Dietitian | Recipes + Healthy Living + Fitness on April 24, 2015.
The post Crustless Quiche with Spring Vegetables Recipe appeared first on fANNEtastic food | Washington D.C. area Registered Dietitian | Recipes + Healthy Living + Fitness.
SOURCE ARTICLE: : http://www.fannetasticfood.com/2015/04/24/crustless-quiche-with-spring-vegetables-recipe/